Country Reports. Economist Intelligence Unit.
provide in-depth analysis and forecasts for an individual country's economy and political situation. The service comprises a regular forecast report (monthly for most countries, quarterly for smaller economies) that provides a point-in-time outlook for issues such as economic growth, economic policy, inflation, exchange rates, political stability and effectiveness, elections and international relations. It also includes regularly published articles on events that may impact on our latest forecast and frequent analytical articles on important trends within a country. Update frequency: Continual
Risk Briefing. Economist Intelligence Unit.
Provides comprehensive timely analysis, forecasts, alerts and background data covering a wide range of risk factors in 150 major markets. RiskWire is designed to help you assess and plan to confront the risks of doing business around the world. The service is updated daily in response to events that affect EIU's assessment of risk in a particular country.
Global Forecasting Service. Economist Intelligence Unit.
provides access to full, updated and interactive coverage of EIU's world economic outlook, including projections of key indicators and analysis of developed and emerging markets. The global and regional economic forecasts spell out prospects for the world economy over the next five years, and provide a reliable picture of the prospects for the world economy from the world's leading economic forecasting organisation.
FX, Interest rates, Commodities
- historical and current: currency exchange rates ( 200 currencies), foreign stock exchange indices, commodity prices ( 100 commodities), inflation, money supply, trade, labour etc. statistics
- data generally available for 200 countries and historical coverage can go as far back (depending upon the variable), as the 1600"s.
- WATCH Tutorials on how to retrieve commodity price and foreign exchange rate data. Tutorials found in left side column of this page.
Interest Rates. Bank of Canada.
Exchange Rates. Bank of Canada.
- Monthly and daily exchange rates for past 10 years, (downloadable) and currency converter
- exchange rates etween the U.S. dollar and 40 countries
- provides links to sources of price and production data for numerous commodities
- current and historical commodity and foreign exchange data
- located on a specific station in the Winspear Business Library