Mergers & Acquisitions
The Deal Pipeline. (The Deal.com)
- This is an industry standard-used extensively by the investment industry.
- Provides news about recent deals and a database of transactions including auctions, bankruptcy, venture capital, financing, and mergers and acquisitions. Deals can be screened by type, date, industry, size and region. Transactions date back to 1989. Major "real-world" source for hard-to-find information about private companies and middle-market deals. Also includes access to statistics, searchable archives, Bankruptcy League Tables, Bankruptcy League tables (law firms/lawyers, investment banks, crisis management professionals) available back to 2003.
Zephryr. (Bureau Van Dijk)
- Detailed information on financial deals, completed, announced or rumoured, worldwide. Best source for global coverage; and includes deals involving European or American companies going back to 1997 . Various deal types are covered including: M&A activity, IPOs, joint ventures and private equity deals.
Finding Financials for a PIB in the ThomsonOneBanker Database (University of Alberta: 3 mins, 50 sec)
Finding Company M&A Activity using Zephyr ( University of Alberta: 2 mins, 55 sec.)
Thomson One (Thomson Reuters)
- provides American and Canadian company financials ( annual data back to 1987)
- provides company overviews which include: current investment reports, key ratios, analyst ratings, ownership breakdown, latest events & news, latest deals, and capital events
- historical M&A, new issue and debt transaction data; share ownership and institutional investor data
Orbis. (Bureau Van Dijk)
- global database of 20 million plus companies.
- information includes balance sheets, cash flow, profit & Loss account, segment data, subsidiary ownership, executive compensation, shareholders with percentage of ownership
- also includes large number of private companies (but, data available more limited.)
FinancialPost.com (Financial Post)
- largest coverage of Canadian companies
- contains multiple databases which include new issues, mergers & acquisitions and dividend data
- Corporate Analyzer database allows for screening on a number of market variables such as total return, beta, dividend yield/rate, earnings yield, PE etc.
- company profiles which include 10 years of data for EPS, dividends, PE ratio and earnings, in addition to Wall Street consensus estimates
- company bond data and stock reports
- S&P recommendations & ratings
- well known for Industry Surveys and for Mutual Fund/ETF data