The mission of the City College Library Staff is to support and foster intellectual discovery, critical tihnking and lifelong learning.To do this we:
- Support faculty and the curriculum by providing access to materials in the most appropriate format and by developing collections of print and non-print materials as well as providing access to off-campus materials.
- Serve as an information resource to a diverse population of students, faculty and staff, and focusing on the access, retrieval, analysis, evaluation, application and training in the use of information and data in all formats.
- Empower students with independent research skills by teaching them how to effectively use all available resources.
- Integrate the library and its resources into courses and degree programs.
- Create an environment that facilitates learning.
- Maintain facilities and equipment needed for studying and learning.
There is a library on each campus. In Fort Lauderdale, the library is located on the first floor across from the Nursing office. In Hollywood, the library is located across the hallway from the front desk. ....
- Books and DVDs for checkout
- Access to subscription databases, such as LIRN, Westlaw and Healthsource
- Trade publications, magazines and newspapers
- OPAC (Online Patron Access Catalog) system that allows students to browse the library collection
- Copy and print services
- Computers with internet access
To contact a City College librarian, check the My Campus Library page to find information about the librarian at your campus.
If you need help with research, all you need to do is ask. The librarians are knowledgeable in the research process, APA Style and using the library databases. Ask your librarian if he or she has any materials that will be helpful to you as you complete your assignment. Check to find out if classes or workshops are offered at your campus library.